URJHS Submission Format
All submissions for URJHS should be prepared in APA Style (other style manuals may be used). https://apastyle.apa.org/
- Author's responsibilities - proofread the manuscript and prepare a cover letter to accompany the submitted manuscript.
- Page size – submission formatted to a standard 8 1/2 x 11 page, and be four to six pages in length.
- Typeface - 12-pt Calibri or similar font.
- Double-spacing - this aids readability and editing.
- Margins - leave at least 1 in. at the top, bottom, left, and right of every page.
- Order of pages - title page, abstract, text, references, appendixes, author note, footnotes, tables, figure captions, figures.
- Page numbers and headers - use a running title (partial title) and page number on each page, flush right.
- Paragraphs and Indentation - indent the first line of every paragraph about 1/2 inch.
- Print submissions should contain text, references, endnotes, and quotations, double spaced.
- The following formats are acceptable: Microsoft Word (*.doc), preferred, Rich Text Format (*.rtf), Text Only (*.txt).
- Camera-ready graphics and photographs, PowerPoint files, or .jpg graphic files are welcome.
- Do not use line numbers or page numbers.
- Use endnotes rather than footnotes in the manuscript.
- For citations and references, Kappa Omicron Nu publications use the style adopted by the APA (5th edition).
- Articles may be 1,000 to 3,500 words or longer with the approval of the editor.
- High resolution graphics and photographs, PowerPoint files, or web format (.jpg or .png) graphic files are welcome.