Mentoring Stories Submissions
When we tell and listen to stories . . . Our capacity to see options, to visualize possibilities, to imagine[,] expands and we are somehow more alive.~ Michael Parent
If you are a Kappa Omicron Nu member and have been involved in undergraduate research as a mentor or mentee, we would like to share highlights from your mentoring journey on the Mentoring Stories' section of the Undergraduate Research Mentoring Minisite sponsored by the organization. To participate, please send the following information, along with a photo, if available, to [email protected]:
Undergraduate Research Focus:
Length of Mentoring Relationship:
Research Completion Date (or Projected Completion Date):
Sharing Your Story
To highlight your mentoring journey from the perspective of either the faculty mentor or undergraduate mentee, we invite you to submit two to three paragraphs wherein you describe this journey or you can respond to as many of the following questions as you would like to and we will synthesize them into a highlight for the stories' section of the mentoring site:
- What does mentoring mean to you?
- How did your mentoring relationship begin?
- What goals have you had for your mentoring journey?
- What has working with your mentor/mentee been like?
- What are some of the highlights of your mentoring relationship?
- What have you and your mentee/mentor contributed to make your research experience a successful one?
- How will this mentoring relationship possibly impact your future research?
- How might this relationship possibly impact your future mentoring relationships?